OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index OURCHOPIN FORUM
CHOPIN: THE POET OF THE PIANO

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stange ornament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Florimond

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Stange ornament Reply with quote

I've got a probably more than 60 years old nocturnes score: "Ed. Bote & G. Bock", corrected and fingered by "Charles Klindworth". The problem is that the nocturne op.72 n°1 (in B min) contain an odd ornament at the 15th and 35th bar: two lozenges side by side. This ornament is situated over the A in 15th bar, and over th A sharp in the 35th bar. Can anybody tell me what does it mean?[/img]
Pianoman1992

Location: Horsham, Pennsylvania (half an hour away from Philly)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason the image isn't showing up for me. I'm sorry but I really have no idea what your talking about. What's a lozenge? Do you mean the kind to help your throat? Just kidding.

Also I think you mean Nocturne in E Minor Wink .
Florimond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it's definitely the nocturne in E min! (I've put non picture, it's an error) In fact, I found another version where the two lozenges side by side in the 15th bar are replaced with a mordent but there is nothing in the 35th bar, neither the "two lozenge" nor a mordent! Probably should I listen carefully to the Arrau performance to get "the" "right" notes or at least a good version...
enchantedpianist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florimond wrote:
Sorry, it's definitely the nocturne in E min! (I've put non picture, it's an error) In fact, I found another version where the two lozenges side by side in the 15th bar are replaced with a mordent but there is nothing in the 35th bar, neither the "two lozenge" nor a mordent! Probably should I listen carefully to the Arrau performance to get "the" "right" notes or at least a good version...

I don't like Arrau's reading of the nocturnes. His tempo is not consistent and too much rubato.
wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Moravec's recording even though the sound quality is not as good as that of the 1990s recording.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Music theory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: