OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index OURCHOPIN FORUM
CHOPIN: THE POET OF THE PIANO

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Chopin vs Mozart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin Reply with quote

OK, let's continue our discussion about tonal colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin from the thread Chopin as pianist / Chopin's Philosophy.

I don't think that Mozart's melody is bright and simple. Listen to the first part of his piano concerto No.20. It's even darker than many Chopin's works. Chopin's music is also simple, not like Liszt's. I think this point is the same for both Mozart and Chopin. They never wrote any redundant note!
nocturne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin Reply with quote

wanderer wrote:
OK, let's continue our discussion about tonal colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin from the thread Chopin as pianist / Chopin's Philosophy.

I don't think that Mozart's melody is bright and simple. Listen to the first part of his piano concerto No.20. It's even darker than many Chopin's works. Chopin's music is also simple, not like Liszt's. I think this point is the same for both Mozart and Chopin. They never wrote any redundant note!

I disagree. To me Mozart's melodies are too perfect and symmetrical and primpy and happy and simple and bright, etc. etc. etc. Some of his piano are dark too, though, like his Fantasias, which I absolutely adore!
chopin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Colors in the music of Mozart and Chopin Reply with quote

All composers have bright and dark tones in their music. So do Mozart and Chopin. It's hard to generalize for each composer though.

nocturne wrote:
wanderer wrote:

I disagree. To me Mozart's melodies are too perfect and symmetrical and primpy and happy and simple and bright, etc. etc. etc. Some of his piano are dark too, though, like his Fantasias, which I absolutely adore!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Chopin vs Mozart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: