OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index OURCHOPIN FORUM
CHOPIN: THE POET OF THE PIANO

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chopin's students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Chopin as teacher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enchantedpianist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Chopin's students Reply with quote

I wonder if Chopin had male students or just artistocratic "madame" and "mademoiselle"? because I saw in a lot of dedications the phrase "a madame .... / a mademoiselle..." ???
lol_nl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a very good (male) student who could've made it to world fame (I forgot his name). The pity is that this student died when he was 15.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." - S. Rachmaninov
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nocturne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Chopin's students Reply with quote

Hey all,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm not bugging anyone...

Okay, so I have a question about Chopin's students...actually, one in particular. You see, I'm writing a novel set in the years after Chopin's death, but not dealing with Chopin specifically. I had chosen the name of the main character as Hélène Dubois, a completely fictional character. That would make her mother Madame Dubois, right? Well imagine my surprise one day when in the "Commentary" section of my Paderewski edition of the nocturnes there was mention of a copy of the nocturnes that belonged to a certain "Madame Dubois, Chopin's pupil" [if you have the book, it's on page 125, bottom right corner, in my copy]. Now, I know "Dubois" is quite a common French last name, but you never know, it could be someone more concrete, someone I could base my characters more closely on. So all I'm asking is if someone knows a lot about students of Chopin, etc., to "enlighten" me please. That would be great help.

Thank you very much!
chopin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Chopin's students Reply with quote

Chopin dedicated a significant number of works to his students, ranging from aristocratic ladies to professional pianists like Friedericke Müller. You can check out the list of dedication and do a little search to see who were his students among the list.

nocturne wrote:
Hey all,

Okay, so I have a question about Chopin's students...actually, one in particular. You see, I'm writing a novel set in the years after Chopin's death, but not dealing with Chopin specifically. I had chosen the name of the main character as Hélène Dubois, a completely fictional character. That would make her mother Madame Dubois, right? Well imagine my surprise one day when in the "Commentary" section of my Paderewski edition of the nocturnes there was mention of a copy of the nocturnes that belonged to a certain "Madame Dubois, Chopin's pupil" [if you have the book, it's on page 125, bottom right corner, in my copy]. Now, I know "Dubois" is quite a common French last name, but you never know, it could be someone more concrete, someone I could base my characters more closely on. So all I'm asking is if someone knows a lot about students of Chopin, etc., to "enlighten" me please. That would be great help.

Thank you very much!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nocturne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Chopin's students Reply with quote

chopin wrote:
Chopin dedicated a significant number of works to his students, ranging from aristocratic ladies to professional pianists like Friedericke Müller. You can check out the list of dedication and do a little search to see who were his students among the list.

nocturne wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you very much!

Thank you so much, Mr. Tran!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Chopin as teacher All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: