OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index OURCHOPIN FORUM
CHOPIN: THE POET OF THE PIANO

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro or amateur?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chopin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Pro or amateur? Reply with quote

I decided to move the intro thread from Anything over here.

I'm just an amateur. I started my first piano lesson when I was 6. For many years, my practice was just Bach, Mozart, Czerny... with strict teachers. My love for the piano and Chopin came with Nocturne Op.9 No.2 when I was 15. After that, I self-practiced at home.

Now I only play the piano once or twice a year (?!). Given that much practice, I can only play some easy nocturnes... I wish I could play the some ballades, scherzos and my favorite barcarolle again. That's bad, huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Pianoman1992

Location: Horsham, Pennsylvania (half an hour away from Philly)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an amateur as well. I had my first piano lesson when I was in 1st grade (7 years old), and I hated it!! My teacher was really nice, but I didn't like practicing. Anyway, a couple of years later I began to love Chopin. Every year, a guy came to our school dressed as a different composer. He would tell about their lives and play some of their works on the piano. That year, he came as Chopin. I don't think I paid attention that much (it wasn't "cool" to pay attention), but I was amazed by some of the pieces I heard. From there my love for Chopin grew!!

Anyway, I am an amateur piano player. I try to practice at least once a day. And by practice I mean play anything I feel like playing at the moment. I can play all of the waltzes, many of the mazurkas, a lot of the nocturnes (still can't play the G Major one), the A Major polonaise, none of the scherzos (maybe someday), several of the preludes (I play #15 in Db Major much more than the others I know), the famous Etude in E Major, and the Berceuse. I've played through the Fantaisie in F Minor twice, and I can also play the 1st and 3rd ballades (but I'm better at the 1st). As you can see from all of the Chopin I play, he is by far my favorite composer.

Well, I hope I answered your question Laughing . Sorry I went so in-depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Intro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: