OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index OURCHOPIN FORUM
CHOPIN: THE POET OF THE PIANO

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May I call you Anh?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: May I call you Anh? Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Tran, my name is Pierre, but you can call me Pete. I'm a 27 year old aspiring concert artist living in Acadiana (a region in southern Louisiana populated mainly by people of French-Canadian descent). I'm currently pursuing a Master's degree in piano pedagogy. I've been enjoying your website for some months now. I'm glad to see you've a forum up and running. It's a little empty, but that will change.

Let's get those intellectual juices flowing! Very Happy

Pete
lol_nl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll introduce myself as well. My name is Yiteng, I'm from Chinese descent, but I already live in Europe for about 9 years (I came here when I was 4, so calculate how old/young I am Laughing ). At the moment I live in the Netherlands. I have been playing piano for about 5 years, and my favorite composer is Chopin, followed directly by Liszt, Beethoven, Schumann, Schubert and Rachmaninov.
I agree that it's quite empty, but I'm already trying to make commercials everywhere so they will flow in Smile.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." - S. Rachmaninov
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chopin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your messages. You can call me Anh. Sorry that I haven't checked the forum recently. I just cleaned up some inappropriate messages today. Thank you very much for getting more visitors to this forum. I hope the forum will be better in the future.

Anh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PJF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Anh, it's empty. Don't all forums start that way? Your website is so well known and well made, more will show up.

We pianists are patient.

Pete
nathf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might introduce myself too Smile
Im Nathan. Ive been playing piano since I was hmm...about five, and have recently gotten a great fondness of Chopin's work and it's almost all I play now-days. After Chopin, my favourite composer would probably be Beethoven. Im of Polish descent, but live in Australia. I plan on moving to Poland in about two years for a while where I want to study at one of the conservatories. Currently I'm about 17 and am still working through the last parts of high school....and I just finished learning Mazurka op17-2 =)
scherzo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all!

I'm Sara.I am 15 years old,and I live in Belgrade(Serbia).I've been studing piano since I was 6 years old,and now,I will start from this month with conservatory.

Chopin is my favourite composer!I have played his works when I started to learn the piano,and for this 9 years,I still think that he is the best genius ever! Very Happy
(I already started to preparing for the next Chopin competition in Warsawa... Wink )

I am happy to see forum like this,about Chopin,and I'm hoping that this forum will be even better in near future!

Sara
MorrisseyMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone.

My name is Lochlan, and I am a 16-year-old semi-professional pianist. I play Jazz piano on gigs, and classical mainly at home.

I have been playing for 8 years, self taught. About 3 years ago, I was taught Jazz piano, and have been playing Jazz since then. I have always loved classical, and now I am beginning to play.
1uc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Hello pianists

My name is Luka, I'm from Slovenia (you know Europe, small country next to Italy - yap thats where I come from) Laughing anyways I play piano for about two years now, I'm self-taught so I could use some of your profesional advice on which fingering exercises are good and so on and so on Very Happy and YES I absolutely adore Chopins music. Very Happy I could listen and play it forever and I will Laughing

btw: What I "play" Embarassed now is: Chopin - Waltz op 64 no.2, Chopin - Nocturne op.9 no.2, Chopin - Piano and Cello sonata 3. mov. Largo, Mozart - Alla turca, Mozart - piano sonata no.15 k545 1st mov., and now I'm in about half way of Liszts - Liebesträume no.3. ...and that's about it I think.
enchantedpianist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: intro Reply with quote

1uc wrote:
Hello pianists

My name is Luka, I'm from Slovenia (you know Europe, small country next to Italy - yap thats where I come from) Laughing anyways I play piano for about two years now, I'm self-taught so I could use some of your profesional advice on which fingering exercises are good and so on and so on Very Happy and YES I absolutely adore Chopins music. Very Happy I could listen and play it forever and I will Laughing

btw: What I "play" Embarassed now is: Chopin - Waltz op 64 no.2, Chopin - Nocturne op.9 no.2, Chopin - Piano and Cello sonata 3. mov. Largo, Mozart - Alla turca, Mozart - piano sonata no.15 k545 1st mov., and now I'm in about half way of Liszts - Liebesträume no.3. ...and that's about it I think.

Welcome! If you can play Liszt's Liebestraume, you must be good! I can never play it, especially the passages of "small" notes.
1uc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey.
I never said I CAN play it Smile I'm trying... I mean I will be able to play it and if it's the last song I ever learn Smile what I start, I must finish. And these passages you said...that's hard yep... But the problem with me is I'm self-though and I have absolutely NO technique...and please don't tell me to go out and find myself a teacher because I don't have money... Sad Sometimes I ask myself "why I am doing this...i'll never be able to play this..." and sometimes I just play you know trying and practising and enjoying Smile

anyway for how long do you play the piano?
wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you practiced slowly and weren't tempted to speed up right away, you could "technically" play the piece without a teacher, even if it took much longer time to finish.

Good luck!
Manolito Mystiq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there everyone,

I'm Manuel, a Dutch musician (both a Peruan and Dutch-Indian descendant), and currently I'm a conservatory student at Rotterdam, studying Flamenco Guitar (World Music Department, as vague as the department can be called).
I'm by no means a pianist, heavens, I don't even have a piano.
The only thing remotely close is a Roland 5-octave keyboard.
I'm planning to work on my pianoplaying, though, especially since it comes in handy with music theory and music analysis.
Fortunately I can grasp the theoretical/terminological parts very easily, so it's the practical part which needs more work.
Any recommendations how to start playing piano? I just played the first prelude to Bach sight-reading it. Probably not with the added emotion and dynamics, though.
chopin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I don't belong to any school of music. Music is my hobby and I studied piano with a private teacher.

I'm now quite busy and doesn't have much time practicing. Last week I played again my favorite barcarolle op.60 and realized that I need to read the notes again.

I don't know. For starters, some easy Bach, Mozart, Czerny?

Manolito Mystiq wrote:
Hello there everyone,

I'm Manuel, a Dutch musician (both a Peruan and Dutch-Indian descendant), and currently I'm a conservatory student at Rotterdam, studying Flamenco Guitar (World Music Department, as vague as the department can be called).
I'm by no means a pianist, heavens, I don't even have a piano.
The only thing remotely close is a Roland 5-octave keyboard.
I'm planning to work on my pianoplaying, though, especially since it comes in handy with music theory and music analysis.
Fortunately I can grasp the theoretical/terminological parts very easily, so it's the practical part which needs more work.
Any recommendations how to start playing piano? I just played the first prelude to Bach sight-reading it. Probably not with the added emotion and dynamics, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OURCHOPIN FORUM Forum Index -> Intro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: